Pellets - a sustainable fuel!
Pellets are a clean, CO2 neutral and convenient fuel with growing market shares worldwide. The European Pellet Conference 2012 in Wels/Austria aims to provide in-depth information on pellet innovation and market trends. It will offer an exciting platform to discuss co-operation projects.
With more than 600 participants every year, the European Pellet Conferences held in Wels have become the largest annual pellet event in the world.
The European Pellet Conference 2012 will offer:
- the meeting place for the global pellet community
- the latest technology trends
- updates on policy, legislation and standardisation
- news from research and innovation
- an outlook on the developments on European and global markets
- inspirational case studies and examples
- exchange of experience among experts and new business opportunities
- a major trade show, the “Energiesparmesse“, dedicated to sustainable energy with more than 100 pellet-related exhibitors
The event will be organised in the framework of the annual "World Sustainable Energy Days" conference by the O.O. Energiesparverband, the energy agency of Upper Austria.
Upper Austria is an ideal location for such a conference: more than 25 % of all biomass boilers sold in the EU are manufactured by Upper Austria's boiler industry, and pellet heating systems have become a standard solution.
The European Pellet Conference 2012 will offer a range of interesting sessions and events:
- Plenary sessions
presentations on policies, potentials, markets, innovation, sustainability etc.
- The "Pellet Academy"
in-depth information and interactive training on quality and standards as well as market development issues
- The "World Pellet Business Forum"
market place for product and service innovation, business models and finance
- Country workshop
updates and outlook on different European and global pellet markets
- Technical site-visit
a one-day trip with visits on wood pellets and wood chips (fuel, equipment, exemplary installations)
- WSED next!
an event for senior students and young researchers on biomass and energy efficiency
- Energiesparmesse - the "pellet trade show"
leading trade show on renewable energy and energy efficiency with annually 100,000 visitors, more than 100 pellet-related exhibitors