What are the World Sustainable Energy Days (WSED)?
The new Clean Energy Package is changing Europe‘s energy markets. "Energy efficiency first" and "global leadership in renewables" are at the core of Europe’s commitment to a clean energy transition. This requires strong policies, competitive businesses, technology innovation and investments. The WSED conference adress policies, innovation and business in specialised conferences and interactive events. It connects people from business, the public sector and research and empowers them to embrace the change.
In 3 days, the event offerd delegates:
- 6 dedicated conferences, including the European Energy Efficiency Policy Conference, the European Pellet Conference, the Industrial Energy Efficiency Conference and the Smart E-Mobility Conference
- technical visits to innovative energy projects
- a major tradeshow on building efficiency and renewable energy with 1,600 exhibiting companies
Who attends the event?
- A wide range of business actors engaged in the energy transition: technology and equipment companies, energy companies, service providers, planners, developers, financing sector etc.
- the sustainable energy research community
- representatives from public bodies (e.g. EU institutions, national, regional and local governments, energy agencies)
Over 600 experts each year from more than 60 countries!
When did it take place?
27 February – 1 March 2019
Where does it happen?
Wels/Austria. The region of Upper Austria is an ideal location for this conference: Through significant increases in energy efficiency and renewable energy, greenhouse gas emissions from buildings have been reduced by 43 % in 10 years. Over 60 % of all space heating and 31 % of the primary energy in Upper Austria already come from renewables.
Clean. Competitive. Connected.