What are the World Sustainable Energy Days (WSED)?
The clean energy transition is taking on a new dynamic in Europe and worldwide. "Energy efficiency first" and "global leadership in renewables" are at the centre of this transformation process. This requires strong policies, competitive businesses, technology innovation, investments and the involvement of the citizens. By addressing these topics and more, the annual World Sustainable Energy Days attracted over 660 participants from over 50 countries each year.
In 3 days, the event offerd delegates:
- 6 dedicated conferences, including the European Energy Efficiency Policy Conference, the European Pellet Conference, the Industrial Energy Efficiency Conference and the Smart E-Mobility Conference
- technical visits to innovative energy projects
- a major tradeshow on building efficiency and renewable energy with 1,600 exhibiting companies
- networking with businesses, research and policy makers
Who attended the event?
- A wide range of business actors engaged in the energy transition: technology and equipment companies, energy companies, service providers, planners, developers, financing sector etc.
- the sustainable energy research community
- representatives from public bodies (e.g. EU institutions, national, regional and local governments, energy agencies)
- Over 660 experts each year from more than 60 countries!
When did it take place?
04 - 06 March 2020
Where does it happen?
Wels/Austria. The region of Upper Austria is an ideal location for this conference: Through significant increases in energy efficiency and renewable energy, greenhouse gas emissions from buildings have been reduced by 41 % in 10 years. Over 58 % of all space heating and 31 % of the primary energy in Upper Austria already come from renewables. Over 2 billion Euro are invested annually in the energy transition.
Clean. Competitive. Connected.